Water distillers are devices used to remove impurities in water. Distilling the water assures us that the water is safe for consumption. It entails a heating process that turns water into steam. As the water evaporates into vapour, it eliminates all the toxins and contaminations. The vapour becomes liquid, thus leaving you with pure water. Purifying your water prevents you from getting diseases such as typhoid, diarrhoea, and cholera. Most of the water distillers will require you to add water to the chambers.
The guide will help you know how you can distil your water at your home. You get to learn some of the best water distillers, including Megahome water distiller and countertop water distiller and why you should take distilled water.
How to Make Your Own Distilled Water for Use at Home?
You can easily make your own distilled water at the comfort of your home. The main components required for you to distill your water includes.
- A large pot.
- Ice cubes.
- A rounded lid for the pot.
- A cup
Steps of How to Distill Your Own Water at Home
- Fill a large pot of water halfway.
- You will be required to tie a cup on the lid of the pot. Ensure that the cups hang inside the pot and high enough not to reach the water surface.
- Boil the water for around twenty minutes. As you boil, the water vapor will be formed, condensed back to the liquid state and fall into your cup.
- Place the ice cubes on top of the lid of the pot. This helps to condense the steam in the pot, thus making it form the liquid state.
- Amounts of water that drops from the lid to the cup will be distilled.
- Once you are through with the process, turn off the heat and remove the bowl of water carefully.
- Finally, ensure that you store the distilled water in a clean place.
It would be best to use a sterile container to store your distilled water. Also, ensure that you don’t keep the distilled water in direct sunlight. Ensure that you thoroughly close the bottle every time after using the distilled water, thus making sure that the water remains pure. Certain germs may grow even in the distilled water when the bottle is kept open.
Best Water Distiller to Use at Home
You can also choose to distill water by using the water distillers. The best and most popular water distillers available in the market today include
Megahome Water Distiller
The water distiller is approved as it meets the safety standards. It has a filter that ensures that all the immunities are eliminated. Impurities removed include chlorine, calcium, bad tastes, and the odour of the water. If you want clean water, then this is the water distiller that you might be looking for.
The mega home water distiller has activated charcoals which help to remove the toxins and any contamination. The removal is achieved by condensing the water hence making it purer. The distiller usually auto-switch after the cycling is completed.
Megahome water distiller is made of stainless steel. The feature enables water not to come into contact with plastic when boiling, thus avoiding leaching. You are recommended to change the activated charcoal after sixty days if you often have hard water.
Some of the best mega home water distillers include.
- Deluxe water distiller.
- The 316 water distiller.
- The alcohol distiller.
- The professional water distiller.
Countertop Water Distillers
Countertops distillers are ideal for use at your home and even when travelling. Countertop water distillers help to get rid of water impurity. Most countertop water distillers are easy to use, and the installation process is not complex.
Some of the best countertop water distillers include.
- Water-wise counter water distiller.
- Megahome countertop water distiller.
- Water-wise, 9000, countertop water distiller.
- Mini classic two countertop water distiller.
- Steam pure stainless steel countertop water distiller.
Why Should You Distill Your Water?
Distilled water is different from other waters since it goes through a process to ensure the water is safe. The process involves boiling the water resulting in the production of steam. The steam then condenses to a liquid state hence getting the distilled water. The reasons as to why you should take distilled water include
- You get to drink pure and safe water. The process of distilling the water removes all impurities and minerals such as magnesium, calcium and sodium. Distilling leaves only hydrogen and oxygen, which is safe.
- Distilled water helps to enhance your appearance making your skin look firm and smooth.
- You get to save on cost as distilling your water at home is relatively cheap compared to buying bottled water.
- Distilling water helps to add more taste to your water.
- Drinking distilled water helps to improve hydration.
- It helps to detoxify your body.
- Improves on your health
You can easily make your own distilled water at the comfort of your home. It entails an easy follow the process. The good thing is that distilling your own water is relatively cheap. However, you can also opt to use a water distiller. Distilling your water will help eliminate excess minerals in the water. Thus, you get to drink pure and safe water. Clean water is vital for health; therefore, it’s essential to drink distilled water.