If you list things that make life easy for you, a dishwasher could be on the top. So, the dishwasher must be in working condition to easily clean the dishes. On the other hand, if you notice the water isn’t draining in your dishwasher, there could be an underlying issue. You may wonder how to clean the dishwasher pump. There could be a need to unclog the dishwasher pump and thoroughly clean it. You may want to try doing it yourself, it’s possible, but when things go out of hand, and you have no idea of what you are doing, then it’s best to ask for professional help.
How to Clean Dishwasher Pump
First, you need to know if there is an issue. The dishwasher is the most vital part of your house. It helps you maintain cleanliness in the kitchen. Without a dishwasher, you would notice the kitchen sink full of dirty dishes. So, it’s a nightmare if such equipment would stop working or responding. You have to take the steps as soon as possible to get rid of the issue at hand.
So, if you notice that there is water in your dishwasher and it’s not draining, then it’s time to check the pump.
Read Dishwasher Instructions Manual
When cleaning the dishwasher or checking the pump, it’s always better to start with the instructions manual. Don’t forget to read the instructions thoroughly to know what to expect. You can also search online for a relevant video of your dishwasher model. The step-by-step instructions in a video are always easy to follow. Reading the instructions manual would also help you know how to clean the dishwasher pump.
Remove The Filter And Clean It
You would need to remove the filter. You must wash it thoroughly. Use soapy water, and you can also use a soft brush to remove the dirt and debris. Make sure the filter is cleaned properly!
Remove Pump Cover
When you remove the filter, you notice the pump cover underneath it. So, now you need to remove the pump cover. If you are unsure how to remove the pump cover, it’s best to refer to the manual for more information. Again, you can also check if there is an online video to guide you better. It’s easy when you can see things from the eyes.
Thoroughly Clean The Pump
Now, you need to clean the pump thoroughly. Make sure you remove all the dirt, debris, and food particles.
Call A Professional
When you have tried your best and nothing works in your favor, it’s time to call a professional. You can search for a plumber or a company in your area. Don’t forget to check the official website and the online reviews. Doing so would give you an idea of what to expect regarding the service.
Tips And Guides to Keep in Mind for Dishwasher Pump
Since the dishwasher is integral to your house and your time, keeping it smooth and running is vital. Many articles and tutorials are available online to help you resolve your issue! But, you must try your best not to put yourself in a difficult situation. It’s always better to be on the safe side of things.
So, keep the following points in mind:
- Make sure you keep your dishwasher clean. After using your dishwasher, make sure it appears clean. If you notice any food particles, remove them right away.
- It’s best to remove the food particles from the plates before putting them in the dishwasher. Rinsing them a little would be better. When you are doing your part, it would be better. It’s especially wise when you want to increase the lifespan of your dishwasher.
- Deep clean your dishwasher every month or depending on your use. Read the instructions in the dishwasher manual to see how to keep it clean.
- There is a possibility that your dishwasher pump is not the culprit for the water accumulating in the dishwasher. It could be because of the dirty filter of the dishwasher.
- There could be an issue with the drain hose of the dishwasher. There could be any other underlying issue as well. So, one by one, you can rule out what’s causing the issue. If nothing seems understandable, it would be best to ask an expert to guide you.
- If someone in the family is good at fixing dishwashers, you can ask for help! See what works for you.
No matter what’s causing the issue, the goal is to keep your dishwasher running and in good condition. So, you can try different methods and see what works for you! If nothing seems to work, it’s time to call a professional.
Wrapping It Up
Now that you know how to clean the dishwasher pump, it’s time to take action. You have to see if it’s easy for you to clean the dishwasher pump or not. It’s not everyone’s piece of cake; some people would need the help of a professional service provider. The important thing is that your dishwasher is working. So, try the methods mentioned above and see if it helps!