Bundt pans are used to make and design cakes and other pastries. The swopping valleys and sharp angles of bundt pans are usually sticky and greasy. The good thing is, silicone bundt pans are discovered and become a trend in baking. Since silicone bundt pans made their way on the market, their flexibility, colorful, cheap, and non-stick glory helps bakers lessen work in washing and saving money on baking tools and equipment.
Although silicone bundt pan is the best to use in baking cakes, they are still not perfect, and you might experience some silicone-baking bundt pan problems. Do you want to make the most of your silicone bundt pans and want to know more about baking with silicone bundt pans? Then keep on reading to know some tips and tricks on how to use silicone bundt pans.
Metal vs. Silicone Bundt Pan
If you can’t really decide what to buy, whether metal bundt pans or silicone bundt pans, here’s a quick explanation of how these two bundt pans differ from each other. I also included pros and cons for each bundt pan type to help you decide if baking with silicone bundt pans is worth it.
Metal Bundt Pan
Metal bundt pan conducts heat quickly and evenly when baking. On the other hand, metal bundt pans sometimes don’t like to release cakes. When you bake with metal bundt pans, the cake rose nicely and will bake in the amount of time that the recipe specified. The advantage of using a metal bundt pan is its sturdiness and excellent heat conduction. While the disadvantages of a metal bundt pan are it is stickier and greasier even after greasing and flouring it.
Silicone Bundt Pan
A silicone bundt pan is flexible and non-stick, so it is easier to release or remove the cake from the pan. You can release your cake cleanly and look more pretty if you baked it using a silicone bundt pan. It is also easier to clean and to store. On the other hand, a silicone bundt cake is a heat insulator which hinders leaving, or your cake batter rose slowly. In addition to that, the silicone bundt pan’s flexibility can be unstable, and it can cause over-browning or underbaking.
Want more baking hacks and tips? The pro bakers from Bella Cupcake Couture are happy to help you out. Go to www.bellacupcakecouture.com.
Tips on Baking with Silicone Bundt Pans
Here are some important tips to make the best out of your silicone bundt pans.
- Grease for easier cleanup – Greasing and flouring silicone bundt pan is not necessary, but you might want to consider spraying it with a non-stick cooking spray so that you can clean it easily after use.
- Reusable serving containers – To make the most out of your favorite silicone bundt pan, you can use them as reusable serving containers. Some pastry experts recommend to use them for more than just one baking.
- Store it properly – Silicone bundt pans are easy to keep and store. Aside from it has fun shapes and bright colors, silicone bundt pans are flexible, so it can save space and pare down your kitchen collection.
- Check out the temperature settings – Make sure to be always mindful of the temperature rating to ensure that you won’t melt your pan or ruin all of your hard work. You should know your bundt pan’s temperature rating as not all pans might have the same temperature ratings.
- Make sure it is pure silicone – To prevent any mess in your kitchen while you are baking, make sure to pinch test to know if your silicone bundt pan is made of pure silicone as not all silicone is created equal. You can pinch the silicone and twist a bit. If it stays the same color, it is pure silicone. If it turns white, then you got a silicone with some filler in it.
There are lots of advantages of baking with silicone bundt pans. It is easier to clean as you can flip the silicone inside and out to reach the hard-to-reach corners. Silicone bundt pans are also durable, flexible, and affordable. This type of bundt pan is also space-saver and reusable while being environmentally friendly. If you want to try baking with silicone bundt pans, you can always check out some cake recipes online.