At any time that you are doing your deep frying, you need to be prepared of getting messy with your cooking. This is because you will find oil splitting all over the stovetop during the cooking time. With the use of an air fryer, things will be very different. You will find that it uses little oil in cooking and that means that cleaning it up will be the easiest. So how to clean air fryer basket like a pro?
Cooking is just cooking and you won’t be exempted at all from cleaning oils. As you cook, you will find some splatting into the pull out drawer that is used to encase the basket. Grease will build up and you won’t be comfortable cooking with it in your fryer. You must look for some ways of ensuring that you are using a clean appliance to make your food.
How to Clean Air Fryer Basket?
We venture out and decided to make sure that we have many pros with us when it comes to cooking. One thing you will agree with me is that a good cook should always be ready to ensure that whatever he/she uses is well clean and well kept. Here are the steps that you can use or work on to ensure you have a clean air fryer.
- Cleaning should always be done as soon as possible. The bad side of many people is for them to just wait until they notice that there is something that you need to clean. That is bad kitchen hygiene. If you want to be a pro and a good chef, crumps and even bits of food should not be given room to stay on it even for a night. If you let that to happen, then be prepared to find a nightmare when you want to clean the basket and the drawers.
- Put off the appliance before you embark on cleaning. Yes, this is common knowledge but many people will ignore it sometime. Electricity and water are friends and when they tally together you are in problems. To avoid electrical shocks, always unplug it from the power source. Some might be air-frying their food by using a sauce that is sticky. For this instance, you are advised to ensure that the basket is cleaned while somehow hot. This allows the mess to be removed easily than when it has cooled down.
- Use soapy water. When cleaning, be aware that abrasives will not clean it but will spoil it at the end. So, use a spongy type of cloth. When cleaning and you realize that food has stuck on the food basket or drawer, just do a simple thing, soak them in warm water with a dish detergent. They will loosen up the dirt as you embark on cleaning it.
- Remove food from the basket holes. This is a step that you will find most people ignoring also. Food goes all the way to any possible hole that it can get close to. Some of the holes it can go to are the ones found in the basket. Just use either a wooden skewer or a tooth pick and get that food out of there.
- Cleaning the inside part of the fryer. When leaning the inside part, use a damp cloth that has been dipped in warm soapy water. Remove the components also, and then proceed to check on the heating element for any grease food debris and ensure that it is wiped clean.
- The outer part should also be clean. It is one hard challenge that you can tell people that the inside is clean and the outside dirty. It will make the appliance still dirty. So, it is a must that you get to clean all corners. Until the outside part. That way, you will be better. Just use a sponge or a damp cloth to dry clean the machine.
There are various types of air fryers. The farberware air fryer is one of them. It ensures that you not only get the best food but one that is also healthy to eat. You can use it to make French fries. If you are short on space, then the best choice that you can think of making a selection is the dash air fryer. Compared to the traditional ones, they are both quick and also versatile.
Point to Note
At times, food might give off that strong smell and it goes without say that it might still linger in your dryer way after you do that cleaning. There is always a way that you can use to have it removed completely. Soak the basket and drawer in soapy water for 30-60minutes. You can even add half a piece of lemon to the water and then do some cleaning at the end.
Always make sure that your kitchen is clean with the appliances on it. Don’t wait until they are messy so that you start doing cleaning. Our methods and ways that we have sown you are simple and clear. You just learnt how to clean air fryer basket with us and you need to make a good move to a better kitchen. Storage is also as important as cleaning. Always make sure that it is stored in a clean place and away from stovetops too.