Cleaning Kitchen faucets can be a real challenge, but using vinegar can surely help. However, homeowners often avoid the use of vinegar for cleaning due to its strong smell and look for alternatives. But how to clean kitchen faucet head without vinegar? There are quite a few alternatives to cleaning faucet heads without vinegar. These include using-
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Coca-cola, etc.
In this guide, we will explore all the ways to clean the faucet head without relying on vinegar. So, read on to learn more about cleaning kitchen faucets without vinegar.
How To Clean Kitchen Faucet Head Without Vinegar [The 5 Easy Methods]
Let us take a look at 5 of the easiest methods on how to clean kitchen faucet head without vinegar, along with their steps in detail!
1. Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the most popular alternatives to vinegar as a cleaning product. It is a strong cleaner and ensures proper cleaning without leaving any sort of damage. You should go through the following steps.
- Step 1: Take a small bowl and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Step 2: Add a small amount of water and make a thick paste.
- Step 3: Remove the kitchen faucet head and apply the paste to its head.
- Step 4: Allow the paste to sit on the faucet head for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Take a toothbrush or soft sponge to scrub the paste off the head.
- Step 6: Rinse the entire faucet with water and dry it properly with a clean cloth.
2. Using Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an effective cleaner and works as great as vinegar. It is a strongly acidic solution and helps to get rid of tough stains without any trouble. Take a look at the steps of cleaning with lemon juice.
- Step 1: With the help of proper tools, remove the kitchen faucet head from the faucet
- Step 2: Cut a medium or big lemon into half
- Step 3: Squeeze the lemon juice on the faucet head
- Step 4: Rub the juice into the faucet head with the help of the cut part of the lemon
- Step 5: Let the lemon juice sit on the faucet for quite a few minutes properly to allow the dirt to break down easily.
- Step 6: Use a soft sponge or bristle brush to rub the faucet head and remove all the dirt, debris, and so on
- Step 7: Turn on warm water and rinse the kitchen faucet head thoroughly to remove all the lemon juice residue
- Step 8: Lastly, wipe the head with a clean towel to prevent water spots and place the faucet head back into place
3. Using Dish Soap
One of the easiest ways of cleaning modern kitchen faucets is to rely on dish soap. It is available in every kitchen, and the cleaning process is extremely simple.
- Step 1: Take a bowl and fill it with warm water.
- Step 2: Add a few drops of dishwashing liquid into the water and mix well.
- Step 3: Remove the faucet head and soak it in soapy water.
- Step 4: Allow the head to rest in this mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 5: Take an old toothbrush and rub the faucet properly to remove all the buildup.
- Step 6: Rinse the head with warm water properly to remove the soapy water completely.
- Step 7: Dry with a clean towel or rag to avoid the water spots.
4. Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste is another outstanding alternative to the strong cleaning agent vinegar. Apart from making your teeth shine and clean, it also helps to clean dark spots and stains. So, without further ado, take a look at the steps.
- Step 1: Remove the faucet head from the faucet.
- Step 2: Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste on an old toothbrush.
- Step 3: Rub the faucet head with the toothbrush.
- Step 4: Do not forget to rub all the nooks and holes properly to remove all buildup.
- Step 5: Rinse the faucet head under warm water and dry it properly with a towel.
Last but not least, rely on Coca-Cola to make the touch kitchen faucet head shine. Follow the steps below to complete the task precisely.
- Step 1: Take a small plastic bag and pour a decent amount of Coca-Cola into it.
- Step 2: Tie the bag around the kitchen faucet and make sure that the head is submerged in the liquid.
- Step 3: Let the head of the faucet rest in the Coca-Cola for at least 30 mins.
- Step 4: Remove the bag and clean the faucet with a soft brush.
- Step 5: Rinse and dry the head thoroughly.
Importance Of Cleaning Kitchen Faucet Head
Many homeowners do not pay attention to the importance of keeping the faucet head clean. Cleaning the faucet head offers several benefits, including better hygiene, water pressure, and so on.
Take a look at these advantages of cleaning the kitchen faucet head.
1. Better Flow Of Water
Over time, dirt, debris, minerals, etc., build up and clog the faucet head. As a result, the flow of water from the faucet gets disrupted, leading to low pressure. Cleaning the faucet head removes the buildup and increases the flow of water.
2. Longer Lifespan
Regular cleaning and maintenance increase the lifespan of an item. And the case is the same for kitchen faucet heads. Keeping the kitchen faucet clean regularly and preventing it from clogging will help the component last longer.
3. Bacteria Removal
One of the top advantages of cleaning the kitchen faucet head is the removal of harmful bacteria. If the kitchen faucet head is dirty and clogged, it can be a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and germs.
These contaminants can mix with the water coming out of the faucet and cause health problems. Keeping the head clean will prevent the growth of these contaminants in the faucet.
Do you have any questions about the faucet head cleaning? Read these answers to clear your queries.
Q. How Often Should I Clean The Kitchen Faucet Head?
The kitchen faucet is one of the most commonly used water sources in the house. To ensure proper water flow and prevent buildup, make sure that you clean the faucet head at least once a month.
Q. How To Prevent Buildup In The Kitchen Faucet Head?
One of the best ways of preventing the buildup in the kitchen faucet head is to wipe down the head after each use. However, make sure to watch out for the sensors if you have the best touchless water faucet models installed. You can also filter the water system of your home to remove excess minerals that cause the buildup.
Each and every homeowner relies on their kitchen faucet head every single day. Keeping it clean is important to prevent diseases and maintain hygiene. Vinegar is a common cleaning agent with strong properties, but the smell irks several people.
So, knowing “how to clean kitchen faucet head without vinegar?” gives you reliability. Cleaning the kitchen faucet head without the use of vinegar is very simple. All you need is a few supplies that are readily available in almost every home. Make sure that you clean the faucet on a regular basis for better water pressure, taste, etc.