Modern days food processor is one of the important kitchen equipment that no kitchen should avoid it. Because the usage of the food processor is high. You can do plenty of things like grating, pureeing, slicing, chopping, kneading & more.
If you are new to this food processor and don’t know how to use it then this guide is for you. Here we come up with a foolproof guide for how to use a food processor & mistakes to avoid while using a food processor. Let’s dive into it.
Note: There are plenty of food processor models available. Here we come up with a common guide that fits most the food processor. So, double-check the user manual before using a food processor. Check the review of Inalsa Inox 1000 Plus Food Processor.
How to use a food processor?
1) First step is to clean the food processor Jug either with a neat cloth or an unused towel. Also, choose your attachment and make sure it should be washed properly.
2) Next step is to choose the right attachment blade. It depends on what type of food you are going to make. Whether it is slicing, grinding, chopping or pureeing, choose the right attachment blade. If you want to fix the attachment just place it into the jug and rotate it clockwise. And if you want to remove twist it anti-clockwise. There are plenty of blades available.
Kneading, juicing and plenty of other usages are also available in the food processor. So, choose your attachment accordingly.
3) Next step is to attach the jug to the base and fix the lid in place. Once you attach the blade your next step is to place the lid in place. It works central mechanism basis. So, once you place just twist it anti-clockwise to fix it properly to the lid.
4) After placing the lid in right place add your small amount of ingredients. Plug in and switch it on. If you don’t add any ingredient before turning on the switch the empty blade will rotate. To avoid that you can add a small portion. After switching it on you can add the remaining portion of the ingredients. Add according to dishes.
5) Once the motor runs use a funnel cover to push your ingredients for desired results. By using the pulse button you can check how it is prepared. Once you achieved the desired result you can simply turn off the food processor and take out your meal or soup or juice and serve it to your family or friends.
6) After everything is finished dismantle the blade or attachment. Remove the lid and funnel cover and wash all of them. You can use soap or dishwasher liquid to wash the attachment lid and funnel cover. After that air dry the components and arrange them in your kitchen for your next use.
This is how you can use food processors. Many beginners make some mistakes while using a food processor. Here you can find some common food processor mistakes to avoid.
Food processor mistakes to avoid:
Plenty of food processors are versatile and reliable. Even though if you are not using it correctly some damages can happen. Here are some common food processor mistakes to avoid.
Walk away: Don’t walk away if the food processor is running. If you take your eye out of the food processor sometimes it’ll lead to damage. If you are preparing a heavy load of dough then sometimes the food processor countertop can fall off – that time you need to be careful.
Apply too much pressure: While shredding or slicing don’t give too much pressure to push your ingredients to the center of the bowl. Apply little uniform pressure to push the ingredients.
Don’t use the pulse button: The pulse button is an excellent feature in the food processor. If you are dicing meat or rough chopping use the pulse button to watch how it is prepared. If you don’t use the pulse button then it will overcook or liquefy. Some food processors don’t have a pulse button. So, use the main switch on/off button to check the meal in between.
Add hard vegetables: Don’t add hard vegetables like carrots and potatoes directly into it. Before adding cut into 1 – 2 inch small pieces. So, that blade’s life will last long. Also if you add meat or cheese make sure to freeze 20 minutes before adding it for better results.
These are the common mistakes while using the food processor. I hope you like this guide. Share your opinion in the comment box related to food processors. We will help you if you have any doubts also.