People often become confused when choosing between cordless drill driver and power drill. Cordless drill has become very popular in the last few years and has certainly experienced a huge success over the traditional power drill. Cordless drill driver are much easier and comfortable as compared to that of the power drill. But power drill is not without any disadvantage. That is the reason why you must go through best cordless drills reviews and determine the difference between the cordless drill driver and power drill before you purchase any one of these tools. In this article we have come up with the difference between cordless and power drill so that you can easily decide which one will fit you the best.
Generally it is observed that the constructor workers prefer to have corded power drill since they have to use the tool for the entire day. Corded power drill comes up with several advantages such as
- Usage time: In general case you will require an air compressor for operating the corded power drill. But the good thing is that the users do not need to recharge this tool and hence the user can work with it continuously without needing a break.
- Consistent: The power of the corded power drill is consistent since it has consistent power source. Thus power drill can perform with 100% effectiveness.
- Capacity: The power drill has the capacity to do any kind of tedious work which may not be always possible with the cordless one.
However, corded power drill has some limitations which made it less popular than the cordless drilling tool. The following are some of those limitations that you must be aware of before purchasing the drilling machine:
- Frequent outlet change: The biggest disadvantage of the power drill is that it requires frequent power outlet change. Hence many a times it is observe that the user has hard time when they try to connect their power drill.
- Power: The power for the corded power drill comes from the electrical outlet and if there is no electricity then there is no option to use the drilling tool. Hence, there can be a major problem in the construction work if there is no power outlet in the desired location.
- Cords: There is always risk of damaging the power cord and in such case the drill tool may become useless. Once the code gets damage you have to replace the cord which can be a very costly affair. In some case it may happen that you require a complete replacement.
Cordless drill driver
Cordless drill driver are generally lightweight and it comes with several advantages that are given as follows:
- Freedom to move: Since there is no cord in the cordless drilling tool you have the freedom to move with the drilling machine anywhere you desire.
- Requires less equipment: In the cordless drilling tool you always require less equipment. When you need less equipment it is obvious that the workspace will be less crowded. In such case you will also be able to work faster. That means you can do more work in less time. Apart from that, when the space will be less crowded you will get more safety and hence if you want to work in a safer workplace you must use cordless drilling tool.
- Light-Weight: The cordless drilling tool generally remains very light-weight. This means that the user will have less strain when worked with this type of tool. Again due to light-weight the user does not have to press downward force on the tool and so he can work comfortably.
However, cordless drilling tool also has some disadvantages due to which many people do not want to use it at the construction site. Some of the limitations of cordless drilling tool are given as follows:
- Power: When the power becomes depleted the efficiency of the tool will suffer. As a result you work may get stuck when the battery becomes low.
- Recharge: You cannot run the tool until and unless you charge the battery and recharging the battery is not only costly but also time consuming.
- Capacity: Cordless drilling tool has lower capacity to operate and it is less effective as compared to that of the corded drilling tool.